Monday, October 19, 2009

home hyperlink

I'm back in B.A.. I returned this morning. I got to see my family and I got to eat American food. It was much more difficult to come back this time. I started to feel anxiety as soon as I knew my time was up. I didn't want to return.

While waiting for my flight back, the airline announced that the flight was full and that there were people standing-by. "ohhh" I thought, maybe they'll ask for volunteers to give up their seat!? It wasn't the case though, so I boarded as normal.

As the plane lifted off I felt sad, in my mind I was saying "no no no". Shortly after I fell asleep.

When I woke up the plane was low enough for me to see B.A. (province). Once the plane landed I wasn't happy or sad. Once I got off the plane it felt so normal, knowing where to go, picking up my bag and walking out of the airport. It felt just normal to see the city on the way home, to walk into my apartment, to take a shower and to head off to work. In a weird way it feels like home....but it's not....but where is home?
(The photo of the graffiti art above is perfect for how I'm feeling. Where would it go if I click the home link?)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Welcome back to the bloggie world! Its nice to hear from you. Glad you had a nice trip with your family.

Anonymous said...

Yilly, you can leave BAires when we do, and not before, so just settle down and enjoy yourself here.

tangocherie said...

I like this post! I so know what you mean and how you feel!

Great illustration too!