Monday, February 23, 2009

three months

Today is my 3 month anniversary with TINA! (argenTINA) yeah!

All my friends went out tonight to see 'La Bomba del Tiempo" again (the percussion band), but I stayed at home. I'm not feeling well. My shoulders hurt and it feels like I'm going to get a headache any second.

Also last night I didn't sleep well. I think it's because I really messed up my sleeping schedule by staying out so late on Saturday. I went to bed Sunday morning at 6am and woke up at 3pm. By 10pm I was extremely tired so I went to bed. At 1am I was wide awake. I didn't fall back asleep until 3am.

6:30am came too soon. I had to wake up early to shower, eat and meet my first student by 8:15am. I also had to give myself enough time to 'get lost' since I was going to a new office for the first time. I only arrived 5 min late, which is acceptable here. We met for one hour and then I left to go meet two other new students. By the 3rd student I was so tired and hungry. (side note: cute student peeked his head in the conference room where I was to talk to my student. Cute student is back to being cute. damn-it. He shaved his beard and had a blue button down shirt on. The blue shirt matched his clear blue eyes.)

When I came home I ate, talked to my roommate, who is now back in B.A. and then took a 2 hour nap hoping to feel better. Unfortunately I'm still feeling under the weather.

Anyway...

I feel so lucky and thankful that things have gone so so well for my first 3 months. I really didn't expect things to go so well. I've met so many good friends; friends that I trust and friends that I'm on the same page with. I've also got to do and see so much.

Thank you TINA and thank you to all my friends and my family back home that have been so supportive.

I feel so lucky!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow! 3 months! So what does your other entry say? Or is it the same as what this entry says?