Monday, November 10, 2008

Last weekend in town cont.

12 days before leaving the country
4 days before moving out
2 more salsa days left

It doesn't feel real. I'm not nervous, excited, scared, anxious. I know the move is coming. I keep reminding myself.

Sunday night while driving to salsa I had a very brief pang of sadness. It would be my last time driving on that highway to that salsa club...When I left the club I looked over my shoulder for one more peek at the decor, the dance floor, the people, knowing it was the last time I would be there; but I felt no emotions. This is strange for me. I'm an emotional person; too much at times. I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad, I cry when someone is mean to me and I cry when someone is really nice to me. So you can imagine me leaving my Sunday salsa world and feeling no emotion was a strange thing for me.

No comments: