Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Preparations (17 more days)

Notary Public / Apostille
This afternoon I took my criminal background check / fingerprints to the local Notary Public to be notarized. I then dropped them in the mail to the Department of State to obtain an Apostille.
"Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use"
Car
Still dragging my feet, but I made a step in the right direction; I purchased a 'For Sale' sign 3 days ago and put it on my car today. Worst comes to worst I'll sell it to CarSense, who gave me a decent quote.

Charles Schwab Account
Sheesh, I'm glad I began the process of Opening this account a month ago. At first there was a problem / typo with my social security number. Then it took a while forthe debt card to arrive; just last week. Yesterday I logged on to my new Charles Schwab checking account to find out I had to fill out more paperwork to be able to electronically transfer money from my current bank to Schwab. So today, I physically mailed in paperwork. I'm disappointed with Schwab for not being more advance with their electronic banking. Paperwork is a thing of the past. And wastefull too.

I still need to:
CANCEL
Cell phone, easy pass & car insurance (once I sell the car.)

PRINT OUT
Info on which taxi I will take from the airport, the address of my host family, the address of my Spanish School & my ePlane Ticket

PURCHASE
American Express travelers checks to pay for the 2 weeks of Spanish School & room and board

CHANGE
Address at post office
-----------------------------------------------------
$5 Notarized fingerprints / Crim.Background
$15 Apostille
$0.99 For Sale sign for the car

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This move reminds me so much of the paperwork we did for the China adoption! If you ever adopt, you'll be an old pro with all the paperwork!