Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not looking forward to Buenos Aires

I'm not looking forward to Buenos Aires.
This isn't a bad thing, but rather a good thing. For the first time in my life I'm enjoying the present to the fullest.

This past summer I read obsessively about Buenos Aires. I wanted to know everything I could about the city, the life, the people, the food. I didn't stop thinking about my travels and I wished for the present time to fly by. I wanted to hit a fast-forward button and be there. All that time I was not living in the present, instead I was living for the future.

Now that my future is almost here, I'm truly enjoying the present. I'm enjoying American food more, (I'm not such a big fan to start with), I'm enjoying time with my friends even more, I enjoy salsa more than ever and I am even enjoying work (except after a long night of salsa).

I always look towards the future, while working towards a goal. This is the first time in my life that my future is out of my hands, I've done my work, I've laid the foundation by researching B.A. to the fullest & I have a plan in place once I get there. So at this moment...there is nothing else I can do... I'm enjoying the present.

No comments: