Sunday, November 30, 2008

Driving in Buenos Aires

I haven't driven a car here and nor do I want to but I sure have taken notice on how driving works around these parts. Most intersections do not have stop signs. Most have a large inverted speed bump at the intersection to slow the cars down (would you call this a speed ditch?). The busier streets have traffic lights.

When cars come to an intersection they slow down, quickly look both way and the speed up again. Sometimes they beep their horn to warn others. ok ok, you're thinking 'how dangerous', but don't you do the same (or want to do the same) when your familiar with a street? So many times at home when I knew the area well I would slide through stop signs (oh come one you've done the same and loved it).

It wouldn't be a good idea to drive here if you don't know what's up, but if you do, I think it would be quite fun to drive with no stop signs to get in your way (provided that you know the streets of course)

No comments: