Monday, March 2, 2009

your hot or my hot?

Friday, February 27, 2009
A friend and I encouraged ourselves to go to a nice restaurant during, a sort of, "restaurant month" in B.A. You choose from a list of restaurants, make a reservation and use a 30% coupon. We chose an Indian restaurant "Mumbi". I told the waitress that I wanted my food hot / spicy. She told me there were 4 levels of hot. It was difficult to choose because 'hot' according to argentines is like a dorrito chip and indian 'hot' is 'burn your mouth hot'. So when I pick a level of hot at an Indian restaurant in Argentina where does 'hot' fall? I went with level #2 and was glad I didn't go any higher. For me, it was just right. With the 30% discount it was 60 pesos each (including the tip) ($17). We each had an entree, shared a bowl of rice, some naan, and a bottle of wine.

After dinner we walked across the street to "Acabar" to meet up with friends. Very cool bar. It looks like somebody scrapbooked the crap out of the place. The deco was mish-mashed but yet unified. On the table, were we sat, there was a home-made 'jenga' game. There were other board games scattered throughout the bar / restaurant.

No comments: