Saturday, December 13, 2008

coffee in micro center

(Friday, December 12, 2008)

This morning I met a friend in 'Micro Center', the business district of Buenos Aires. We sat at a cafe near the 'Obelisk'. It's a Washington D.C. looking monument. the Obelisk is in the middle of Avenida 9 de Julio (the widest avenue in the world).

IMG_0409

IMG_0410

After some coffee I walked along 'Calle Florida' (Florida Street) to look in the shops. I bought a cute black skirt for 20 pesos ($5.88).
IMG_0412

Both times on the 'subte' today I didn't have to pay. I thought it had something to do with the coin shortage. The 'subte' that I took out of the Micro Center didn't leave the station until is was jam packed. I later learned that the 'subte' workers were on strike and most trains didn't run today.

No comments: