Tuesday, December 23, 2008

it's not late in argentina

It's 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm headed to bed. I feel it's too late to stay up. As I'm thinking that I should get to bed, I hear children (small children, 5-8 years old) playing outside. No, there isn't a crazy parent on the block, this is common.

After dinner tonight (midnight) I walked back to my apartment and there were still children playing on the swingset. Not just one, but many. Then I passed the ice cream shop and saw 2 year olds eating ice cream...at midnight!

To add to that, my Argentine language exchange person asked me today..."I've seen people in movies eating dinner at 7pm. Is that true"? When I told him that it was very common, you should have seen the look of shock on his face. (seriously, I'm not over exaggerating) "Why so early"? he asked. (typical dinner time in B.A. is 9pm - 11pm) (this is why I can get ice cream at 11:30 at night!)

ok, this American girl needs to go to bed, I'm not Argentinienfied yet..

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Holy crap! Get those kids in bed! Do you think they sleep in?