Thursday, December 11, 2008

my new apt photos

my room: it's 3 times larger than the one at the host family's house, so i love it here. the window looks out into a very small courtyard, but there is nothing to see at the bottom, except for a group of smokers.
IMG_0385

the argentine flag i'll be waking up to for the next 2 months. (this makes me happy)
IMG_0384

lily (cat) in my room. i've been keeping the door closed, so as soon as i open it she comes to explore.
IMG_0386

the living room: no tv, but this doesn't bother me. i didn't watch much tv in the states. i love the huge window.
IMG_0387

IMG_0388

the kitchen is small, but the big window is wonderful to look out while you're cooking.
IMG_0389

the balcony! it's not exactly quiet outside, but i didn't mind living on a major street in the states. i love the huge trees that line the street.
IMG_0390

i have a bidet....many argentine apartments have one. i've seen my roommate use it to soak a shirt in (there must have been a stain on the shirt). i'll be using it for that purpose too...i also finally have a real shower!!! i really didn't like the 'all-in-one bathroom' and then i had to share one with strangers at the hotel. so i'm very thankful to a real shower.
IMG_0392

my desk.
IMG_0394

----------------------------------------------------------------
outside there are so many shops to walk to, the grocery store is close, there are a ton of cafes and fruit stands. also, the botanical gardens are 2 blocks away, the zoo is 3 blocks and there is another park very close.

the maid isn't scheduled to come every week, but i can call her if i'd like her to come. it would cost 10 pesos an hour ($3.00)

I'll be paying $425 USD a month for January and February. It's much lower than normal (I think both girls who live here pay $500 USD each a month). It's less for me because I'll be taking care of Lily the cat.

i'm really happy to be in this apartment.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I was so excited to log on today and see pix of the new place. I LOVE the big windows and the views of the buildings.

I'm so glad you found a nice place. I think my favorite part is the balcony. I'd be out there all the time, reading, drinking tea and people watching! Does the kitty go on the balcony?

MITCH!

yillabean said...

ahhh, i love the balcony too. on sunny days it's shaded from the big trees, which is nice. if i want to lay in the sun, the park is only 2 blocks away.

oh boy does the kitty go on the balcony! she likes walking on the railing! we're 3 stories up!