Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my first spanish book

Class went well today. I like both teachers and I like that I can understand both of them. Their classroom activities are fun too. Yesterday we listened to a song and picked out words. Today we watched the beginning of an Argentine movie where we picked out the actions that were reflexive (he woke up, he got up, he showered...) I plan on renting the movie this weekend (to give another movie a go, this time i'll listen AND read in spanish). The movie is called "La suerte esta Echada." It was filmed in Buenos Aires.

Today I had a big accomplishment with my Spanish progression!! I read my first book!! The book used past tense and pronouns. The book is called "!Charlie Gallina Ciega!". ok ok, so it's a children's book, but I read the whole thing today...and undertood it too! (that's a big deal in my world)

Google books has an excerpt of it if you'd like to give it a try too. [read some of the book]

Later in the day I met a friend who went with me to help figure out my cell phone situation. I still don't have one. Well, I have one but...oh, I'll post on this later once I have a working cell phone. This process is more of a headache than it should be.

Afterward it was 8:30 and I was starving. I had 26 pesos in my purse. Choice #1. go to the grocery store, mill around, stand in line and then walk home and prepare something. Choice #2. go to a restaurant and eat. Choice #2 is was. I was super hungry. I ate a cesar salad with lettuce and chicken (the chicken was good) and a Corona beer. 24 pesos

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yesterday for dinner I had a $1 Banquet microwave meal that I purchased at Wal-Mart. It consisted of 3 chicken strips, frozen mac and cheese, and a brownie that tasted like cardboard. I think you had a better dinner!!!

Major ice storm in PA today.

yillabean said...

Oh Lynn, I laughed so hard when I read your comment. $1 is pretty cheap, but I guess so is McDonalds. Hey, that just made me think, do you think McDonalds in BA has a "peso menu"? I'll need to investigate.

Thanks for making me laugh :-)